With mixed emotions, the GCPA Board reports that our Executive Director Tom Foreman has announced his plans to retire at the end of 2018. Tom has been engaged in all aspects of GCPA almost since it began in 1983 and has been its Executive Director since 2013. He is only the third executive director in the organization’s 35 years.
Tom’s service caps a long and highly successful career in the electric industry in virtually all aspects of its complexity and diversity. He embodies the core principles of GCPA with his passion to promote healthy and sustainable competitive markets by providing GCPA members with top quality programs, events, and business development opportunities. He has also built a solid professional team at GCPA that shares his enthusiasm and is key to its many successes.
In his term as executive director, Tom supported the significant expansion of GCPA:
- more than doubling annual scholarships provided to college and trade school students seeking careers in our industry;
- nurturing the start and expansion of the GCPA emPOWERing Women’s program;
- enabling the initiation and success of the GCPA emPOWERing Foundation that supports women, students, young professionals and leaders in the industry;
- expanding GCPA events to Arkansas, Louisiana and Mexico;
- organizing and hosting as many as six major conferences each year in addition to dozens of smaller events; and
- providing education and networking opportunities to over 4200 attendees annually.
The GCPA Board and Advisory Board are deeply grateful to Tom for his exceptional leadership and management, demonstrated by the organization’s accomplishments during his tenure. We wish him well in his retirement and look forward to seeing him now as an attendee at events, able to relax and enjoy the show!
With Tom’s departure, the GCPA Board is searrching for his successor. As members of the Association, if you are interested in learning more about the position for yourself or for a professional colleague, please contact us at email@example.com for a copy of the job description, etc. We will provide updates as we progress in the search process and appreciate your support.
UPDATE: The nomination period has closed and nominations are being reviewed by the GCPA Board.
Attorney, Clark Hill Strasburger
GCPA 2018 Board President