Texas A&M University received 65 applications for their emPOWERing Students Scholarship program this year. Forty of those could not be considered because they did not meet one or more criteria for eligibility.
Of the 25 that remained:
- Electrical Engineering - 11 applications
- Mechanical Engineering - 14 applications
The 25 eligible applications came from four different levels of students:
- Sophomore: 12 applications
- Junior: 7 applications
- Senior: 5 applications
- Graduate Student: 1 application
And from those 25 applications the final winners for 2017 are:
- Joseph Valencia - $2500 David Olver Scholarship - Sr., Mechanical Engineeing - GPA 3.811/4.0
- Simmi Manni - $2500 David Olver Scholarship - Senior, Electrical Engineering - GPA 3.6/4.0
- Millie Kriel - $2500 emPOWERing Women Scholarship - Sophomore, Electrical Engineering - GPA 3.9/4.0
These students will be formally recognized during a luncheon as part of our GCPA Spring Conference 2017.
Congratulations to these fine students and we look forward to meeting them at a GCPA event and to following their careers!
Visit the GCPA emPOWERing Students page for information on eligibility requirements, participating colleges, contact information.